PACT Recommendation: Create a comprehensive tobacco free policy that includes smokeless tobacco products, e-cigarettes and takes into consideration, enforcement and smoking cessation programs for employees or residents who want to quit.
In partnership with agencies throughout the Commonwealth, PACT provides technical assistance to businesses, multi-unit housing sites, and municipalities that want to implement or strengthen their tobacco free policies. The toolkits, model policies, and resources below can help to develop and implement a strong policy.
Policy details make a difference
- Does the policy define tobacco?
- Does the policy prohibit all tobacco products?
- Does the policy prohibit e-cigarettes?
- Does the policy prohibit indoor and outdoor use?
- How will the policy be communicated?
- How will the policy be enforced?
- What is the timeline for implementation?
- Will cessation programs be provided?
- Resources for Policy Assessment
- Resources for Policy Implementation