2023 Day at the Capitol: We’re Back in Harrisburg!
Join as we re-unite in-person for the 2023 Day at the Capitol on May 2, 2023. Lung health advocates from across the Commonwealth join forces at the Pennsylvania State Capitol in Harrisburg to meet with legislators and advocate for crucial tobacco control issues throughout the Commonwealth. This year’s primary advocacy issues of focus are to educate legislators on the importance of comprehensive clean indoor air policies and sustaining Master Settlement Agreement (MSA) dollars. Following the legislative visits in the morning, participants and the general public are invited to attend our press conference to close out the Day at the Capitol festivities. Hear from lung health experts and our very own TRU Ambassadors, plus learn more about the importance of tobacco prevention and control programming in PA.
- Registration: 7:30am
- Legislative Visits: 8:30am–12pm
- Press Conference: 12-12:30pm
- All legislative visits are to be scheduled by PACT. Participants are not permitted to schedule additional meetings on event day.
- Team assignments and legislative schedules will be shared by Friday, April 28. Please be prepared for last minute team and schedule changes.
- Participants should be prepared for a virtual team planning meeting on Friday, April 28 or Monday, May 1 to discuss speaking roles.
- Registration closes April 11
For questions, please contact Amber.Fields@lung.org and Lauren.Chappel@lung.org.