In partnership with agencies throughout the state, PACT also provides technical assistance to businesses, multi-unit housing sites, and municipalities that are implementing or strengthening smokefree policies. A strong smokefree policy takes into consideration issues such as smokeless tobacco products, e-cigarettes, enforcement, and smoking cessation programs for employees or residents who want to quit. The toolkits and model policies below can help you to develop and implement a strong smokefree policy.
Explore these toolkits that address smokefree policy implementation
Policy details make a difference
- Does the policy define smoking?
- Does the policy prohibit all tobacco products (including smokeless)?
- Does the policy prohibit e-cigarettes and similar electronic devices?
- Does the policy prohibit indoor and outdoor smoking?
- How will the policy be communicated?
- How will the policy be enforced?
- What is the timeline for implementation?
- Will cessation programs be promoted?