PACT supports six key issues to achieve its vision of a healthier Pennsylvania:
- Comprehensive Clean Indoor Air legislation, to protect all workers from secondhand smoke exposure and promote smoke-free norms;
- Awareness of emerging products, such as electronic cigarettes and smokeless tobacco products, which should be addressed alongside cigarettes in policies and programs that aim to reduce the burden of tobacco in Pennsylvania;
- Insurance coverage for cessation programs, to help smokers who want to quit become smoke-free;
- Program funding for prevention, cessation, and policy technical assistance programs across the Commonwealth;
- Tobacco taxes that follow best practices and address all tobacco products; and
- Strong youth access laws with consistent enforcement, to prevent youth from ever trying tobacco.